Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unable to configure storage unit NBU 6.0 MP4

2008-11-03 03:44:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unable to configure storage unit NBU 6.0 MP4
From: "Neeraj Puri (DHL MY)" <neeraj.puri AT dhl DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:35:51 +0800

Dear Admins,

I face an issue sometimes when I am trying to configure a storage unit using the NetBackup GUI. If any of the media servers in the environment is down, then the GUI just hangs there trying to poll that server and never comes up with the list of media servers to select and continue configuring the new media server. On the master server, if I use command “vmps”, I see it running vmoprcmd –h <name_of_down_media_server> and not getting any response from that server.

nbemmcmd –listhosts –verbose shows the down media server as “not-active”.

Is there any way to continue configuring storage unit when one of the media servers is temporarily down?

Regards,

Neeraj