Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP5 Upgrade to 6.5.2

2008-10-30 00:24:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP5 Upgrade to 6.5.2
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:00:31 -0500

I just wanted to ask for everyone's thoughts and prayers through my times of trial as I go through this upgrade on a very old, patched, duct taped installation that began back in the 3.x world.

I'm in a Windows world and I am going to replace my Master (hardware only) and I wanted to move forward with the 6.5.2 upgrade while I had the system down.  I'm asking for suggestions on how best to approach this.

1.    Recover NetBackup on the new hardware and then upgrade?  Or…

2.    Install NetBackup 6.5.2 on the new server and recover the catalog into the new installation?  Will that even work?  Or…

3.    Start drinking heavily, spin a bottle and go with whatever the bottle picks?  It worked in college.

I’m planning this for next Wednesday so if anyone is in the Houston area and you’re bored . . .  Bob?

Thanks,
Randy