Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netapp & NBU NDMP ?

2008-10-24 09:51:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netapp & NBU NDMP ?
From: <Brian.Beaird AT cat DOT com>
To: <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:37:53 -0500
We have had great success with 4 Netapp devices and NDMP.  Some of our NDMP jobs average as fast as 60-80MB/s, which has been great for our backup window.  It worked so well, I actually worked with our DBA's to point all of our Oracle servers to use a single shared NFS location for their backups, which is done much quicker now with NDMP.

Brian