Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Unix Compatibility

2008-10-24 07:35:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Unix Compatibility
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:20:44 -0400

We have a couple of old HP-UX 10.20 systems.  We use a small master running NBU 5.1 with a two drive unit to back those up.  We were no longer able to back them up to our main master after upgrade to NBU 6.0.

We do backup our HP-UX 11.0, 11.11 and 11.2x boxes to the NBU 6.x master.   You can ignore the “B” when talking about HP-UX versions.  Also 11.11 is a/k/a 11i v1,  11.2x = 11iv2.

We don’t have Solaris so I can’t comment on what NBU does with that.

Note:  SunOS 5.6 = Solaris 2.6, SunOS 5.8 = Solaris 8,  SunOS 5.10 = Solaris 10  (assuming you have the full install which most people do).