Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "/" + Cross All Mnt Pts Vs. ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

2008-10-22 15:19:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "/" + Cross All Mnt Pts Vs. ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:45:44 -0500

I use all local drives for the unix backups, and on small systems I limit how may jobs can run at a time.

I have no issue with this at all and has worked great for years.

But the Cross mount points – you should think a little on that.

The way I understand that is that it will backup NFS mounts.  So if you backup the server the NFS comes from and the server it is mounted on you are backing it up twice.

If you use the all local drives and multi streaming you will get 1 job per fs.  Then just exclude the ones you don’t/can’t backup like /tmp and /proc.