Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU De-Staging Hanging

2008-10-22 09:25:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU De-Staging Hanging
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:06:00 -0400
All,

NBU 6.5.1 on Win2k3

I've got a problem with a certain Media server's DSSU Destaging jobs just hanging.  It looks to me as if the first destaging job finishes writing its images to disk, but it never completes which hangs up the next destaging jobs (different dssu).  I'm unable to cancel the first destaging job and can only clear it by restarting services on the master.  I'm inclined to rebuild the media server which is having other OS related issues, but I'm not certain this isn't a master server issue.  Any ideas before I escalate to Symantec Tech Support?

Thanks,

-Jonathan Martin
Intersil Corp.
Servers and Security Operations