Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bmr srt creation

2008-10-22 04:45:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bmr srt creation
From: pvijayaraju2000 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 04:27:18 -0400
Small Update:
>>From bmrsrtadm list

select '7' option (Shows existing srts)

Then select '5. Modify an existing Shared Resource Tree' option

Here provide the existing srt (in which srt you have to add MP ) "Enter
the name of an existing SRT : XXXXXXXXX"

It will display 8 options. From these select
 "1:Install Veritas NetBackup Maintenance Pack".

Here it will ask the path ( Provide the Location of MP).

>>From this you can update the MP in srt.

Exmaple: if you providing path "/NB_6.5.2a_XXXXXXXX"
It will display  as below
        NB_6.5.2a
        NB_BBS_6.5.2a
        NB_BMR_6.5.2a
        NB_CLT_6.5.2a
        NB_JAV_6.5.2a
Enter pack name (or q) [q]:NB_CLT_6.5.2a

NOTE:

Deiter, Scott wrote:
> We are setting up a bmr test.
> Master/media/bmr/boot server is solaris 9  veritas 6.5.2.a
> Client is solaris 9 veritas client code at 6.5.2
>
> After the creation of the srt I have not found a way to include the
> client patch into the srt.
> The bmrsrtadm / modify menu selection is for adding a maintenance patch.
> When I choose the maintenance pack option it returns a message
> indicating that the maintenance pack is not there.
>
> How do we update the srt to include all the veritas patches?
>

> Scott Deiter
> System Administrator
> Hanover Direct, Inc.
> Hanover, PA
> Voice: 717-633-3298

|This was sent by Jayakoteswar_Prathigadapa AT symantec DOT com via Backup
Central.