Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore Testing Frequency of LTO-4 Tapes

2008-10-20 13:56:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore Testing Frequency of LTO-4 Tapes
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, smccormick AT leeclerk DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:23:03 +1100
How long is a piece of string? I don't think there you are going to
find any "norm" in regards to this. It probably just comes down to
what your business feels comfortable with.

We do a full DR test at least once a year, as the business mandates.
This involves recalling tapes from our offsite storage provider and
recovering from them. This is sufficient for us.

In addition, perhaps 2 or 3 times a year we have to recall a tape from
offsite to do a specific restore (ie - somebody's mailbox from 4 years
ago).

- Dean