Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resources needed to tame NetBackup

2008-10-04 20:56:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resources needed to tame NetBackup
From: oersted <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:45:24 -0400
It depends....

If it is a new environment, and you have the ability to implement via best
practices and following strict common sense guidelines, it is possible for one
person to maintain NBU, for 95% of sites out there.

You must remember, NBU touches everything around it...

umpteen different apps, network, SAN, OS, I/O etc....

my hat goes off to the people who code it up.....it is a monumental task

NBU only works as good as your environment does...the weaker your
infrastructure is set up from top to bottom the more people it will take to
maintain NBU.