Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO-4

2008-09-24 18:25:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO-4
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:10:08 -0500

Convenient. I was just going to ask if there was an hcart4 entry. I wish there were, for consistency's sake if nothing else.
Ah well, not critical.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

oersted <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

09/24/2008 05:05 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  LTO-4

the number after "hcart" means nothing....it is not tied to LTO generations in any way

it just means NBU has accomodations for up to three different hcart types

hcart means 1/2 inch cartridge Tape

all LTOx, STK 9840, 9940 and T10000 fall under this category