Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup Performance tuning in Ver 6.5

2008-09-24 10:37:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup Performance tuning in Ver 6.5
From: "Schneider, Matthew J." <Matthew.Schneider AT mybrighthouse DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:11:04 -0400
I may be wrong on this but if you are looking at the Activity Monitor for the
backup speeds they are in KB not Kb.  I happened to realize this when I looked
at some stats on my media server's switch port yesterday.  It was hitting
949Mb/s at peek backup hours on a 100Mb port.  I couldn't figure out where the
speeds were coming from when I looked at the Activity Monitor then I realized
it was KB ;-).

Regards,

Matt