Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Ejection Through Command Line

2008-09-15 13:32:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Ejection Through Command Line
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:04:35 -0600
Nope - bad idea.

If this is an in-library tape, it'll rewind, eject, and most libraries
will just ignore it.  You'll get a drive-down error next time the
library tries to insert a tape in this drive (and finds a tape already
hanging out of it this failing the tape mount).  Some libraries will
detect this and reslot the tape but it's not dependable.

-M