Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] replace 2 L700 with SL8500

2008-09-14 08:43:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] replace 2 L700 with SL8500
From: "Asiye Yigit" <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:11:49 +0300

Hello All,

I have a big SAN environment. We will replace 2 L700 with SL8500 on master server.

Master server is solaris 10 on the server of M5000.

I am aiming to do the following steps. Please make your comments on it.

I would appreciate for your help.

Regards,

1.       Deactivate all policies

2.       Run online catalog backup while there is no other jobs are running

3.       Make all SAN zone definitions for the new library

4.       Remove devices belonged to 2xL700 from NetBackup

5.       Shutdown the server

6.       Make the connections

7.       Restart the server, check whether os sees the drives

8.       Check sgscan whether the new sl8500 library changer and the drives gets detected

9.       Make the device reconfiguration from the gui for master server

10.   Make the device reconfiguration for  all media servers which shares the drives in it

11.   Activate the policies

12.   Test the backup and restores