Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Flash Backup Bugs - 6.5.2

2008-09-14 01:47:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Flash Backup Bugs - 6.5.2
From: rvadde <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 01:24:26 -0400
Greetings!

Just want to share the bugs we identified with Flash Backups on NBU 6.5.2.
Symantec is continuing their tradition of breaking flash backups with every
major release.

a) The old method of specifying the cache partitions in policy includes does
not work. The Flash Backup Admin Guide specifically mentioned that it will work
 - but it won't.

b) For every raw partition that is mentioned in the policy includes list - snap
is created during the parent job. Even the actual backup is not active snap is
created upfront.

c) There is a limit to the max. number of snaps - which is 64. That means you
cannot have more than 64 raw file systems in the includes list.

We have some work arounds to deal with these issues and symantec is working to
fix these.