Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.5.2 Late Breaking News

2008-09-12 16:55:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.2 Late Breaking News
From: "tim burlowski" <tim.burlowski AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:23:21 -0500
I hate to cross-post this from the NBU blog, but I thought this might
be of interest to the list.

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/blog/article?message.uid=349896

We have taken your suggestions to heart and created a "Late Breaking
News" technote [http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/307880.htm]
for 6.5.2 .  We have documented 19 known issues for 6.5.2, each with
symptoms, work-a-rounds and advice. Each issue indicates when a fix
will be available and how you can obtain the fix.

The "Late Breaking News" technote doesn't replace our normal process
for subscribing to our Email Notification Server for software alerts
[http://maillist.entsupport.symantec.com/subscribe.asp] but will give
you insight into the issues that we have already encountered and
resolved. Reading the technote is no substitute for opening a support
case, but it may help expedite the resolution in some cases.

If you find this kind of openness helpful please let us know by either
responding here or leaving a comment on the blog.

thanks,

--
Tim Burlowski
Technical Product Manager