Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Resources needed to tame NetBackup

2008-09-11 02:20:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Resources needed to tame NetBackup
From: "WALLEBROEK Bart" <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: <bryan.bahnmiller AT managedmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:07:09 +0200
Bryan,

Thanx for you answer.  Actually I am a bit jealous reading about the
manpower you have because we are running 6 NetBackup environments
worldwide.  2 smaller ones (1 NetBackup Master/Media Server, 1 tape
robot and +/- 10 clients each), 2 larger ones (1 Master cluster and 1
Media server, 1 tape robot and +/- 30 clients each) and 2 large ones (1
Master cluster each and +30 Media severs (spread over 3 countries), 4
large tape robots and +/- 800 clients in total).  We are backing up
different kind of OS flavors (HP-UX, Solaris, Windows) and different
kind of applications (SAP, Oracle, SQL, SharePoint).  Vaulting is
included for the large environments.  Besides of the SUN support guy
that comes over one day a week (which is actually a huge help as he is
extremely knowledgeable about NetBackup) I have to do handle this on my
own.  Because of the fact that I have other responsibilities at work I
can only do this part time (4 hours a day).  I am not kidding!

You see why I am looking for some official paper about this to present
this undermanned issue to management.

Best Regards,
Bart WALLEBROEK