Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ""An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed", VCB

2008-09-08 12:00:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ""An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed", VCB
From: miki <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:43:11 -0400
Hello,
Master Server 6.5.2A & VCB proxy 1.1 are on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
server.
Virtual center 2.5 is on another W2K3 server.

It's quite new NetBackup installation. We added sereral Windows 2003 virtual
machines under VCB proxy backup. Backups run ok, but a message started to
appear every 1 minute in Event Log of virtual machines:

"An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry
could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the
system's image of the Registry"

After virtual machine restart, error disappears, but for only for several
hours, then reappears. Also after restart, there is a message about uncorrect
shutdown.
All virtual machines are W2K3 SP2, Standard.

Regards
Michal