Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Locating media tapes for Importing

2008-09-05 16:33:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Locating media tapes for Importing
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:20:05 +0000
On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 03:46:14PM -0400, Jackson, Todd wrote:
> All,
>
> I need to locate some media tapes that has data that expired.

If it's expired, netbackup is not currently tracking the data.

> I need to import the data back into the catalog. How can I locate
> which media tapes the data was written to previously?

Do you have any old catalog backups?  Perhaps a copy that went offsite
with a set of DR tapes?  If the copy was made prior to the data
expiring, then the information would be in there.

If you only have the current catalog and very recent backups, the
Netbackup isn't going to be able to help you find them.

> Is there a way to list which tapes a client has written to that may have
> expired?

No.  That information appears to be only in the image database, which is
purged on image expiration.

--
Darren