Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.5.2 on HP/UX Itanium servers

2008-09-04 15:47:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.2 on HP/UX Itanium servers
From: "John P. Ryan" <John.Ryan AT publix DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:23:48 -0400
Hello,

Has anyone had a chance to upgrade to 6.5.2A in an HP/UX Itanium environment yet?

We just did a fresh install with Symantec's help/watching/blessing through the whole install and it went fairly smoothly.  Now we are left with some issues (Seem to be mostly JAVA/GUI related)

1. Duplicate jobs for disk to tape de-staging have a byte count that's way off
2. Can't run the vault policies (or get them to display correctly), they error with a status 239
    (was able to enter the client by using /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpadm to fix this)
3. Policies take a very log time to open after getting a connection error message.
4. Media nor Volume pools will display
5. Versioninfo core dumps (not a big deal)

We have several media servers losing tape drives to AVR and cannot fix them due to aforementioned GUI problems.

Some things can be fixed via command line, but this isn't really the issue.

The install was opened and left open as a Sev 1 with Symantec.  We installed it with them seeing everything via webex and experienced the same issues we had when we did it ourselelves.  It seems as if Symantec has released code that even they can't get working. We have been trying for hours to get anyone from Symantec to help.  The only response so far was to open up new and individual cases for each error and occurrence.  This seems a bit much after previous assurance and hand holding to move to 6.5.2A.

Any help from the group or even a "hey I'm seeing that too" would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John