Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Hyper-V

2008-09-02 15:13:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Hyper-V
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "WALLEBROEK Bart" <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:40:56 -0400
I tested backing up Virtual Machines via client installed on the VM when
Hyper-V was in beta.  There was no advanced "snapshot" type technology
supported by anyone that I could find at the time.  Long story short,
Hyper-V is just about the poorest VM Technology on the market and you'd
be better off with just about anything else.  Testing stopped there.  We
are running several copies of VMWare Server (Their "Free" Product) on
Windows and backing those guests up via agents without issue.

-Jonathan