Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Client is not validated

2008-09-02 15:05:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Client is not validated
From: Jon Bousselot <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>
To: "Obenschain, Charles T." <CHARLES.T.OBENSCHAIN AT saic DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
I've never seen this error either.  I would suggest you check what user the client running as, and does that user have sufficient rights on the client. (or is the password expired)
Enable the bpcd logging or increase verbosity to see if it gives you a more meaningful message.  I can't see any restriction on the master server if you initiated restores from that console, but a global setting at the master server (under Client Attributes) can restrict a restore and a file browse at the client computer.
p382 NB 6.5 Admin Guide 1 for Windows.

-Jon