Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU6.5 Win Client Installation

2008-08-26 03:48:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU6.5 Win Client Installation
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:19:03 -0400
Hi all,

Anyone experience while installing NBU 6.5 Window Client on Window2000SP4
machine, during validaing install process, the installation failed and an
message saying the process was interupted.

We check the event viewer of the machine and we saw an error message saying
cannont connect to server.

This is the only win2k SP4 machine that is having this problem, the rest of the
machines are ok. Strangely enough, i've tried installing NBU6.0 client onto it
and it went through but when i tried to upgrade it to NBU6.5, it failed with
the same error message.

Regards