Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Redhat 5 and Netbackup

2008-08-25 12:00:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Redhat 5 and Netbackup
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Hudson, Steve" <Steve.Hudson AT ironmountain DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:20:11 -0400

There is an Intel Linux (and I thought also RedHat Linux) for 2.6.x kernels – that would be the correct one to install.   We are backing up RHEL5 from our HP-UX master without an issue.

If you don’t have the 2.6.x client then you can install the 2.4.x kernel client but you need to first install the compat-libstdc ++-296 package.   Otherwise the 2.4.x kernel client loads improperly.   Also make sure you’ve loaded inetd or xinetd before loading NBU client – the installer is brain dead and will setup an inetd if it doesn’t find either of those even if inetd package isn’t loaded.