Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SUSE* and NetBackup 6.5.1

2008-08-21 17:02:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SUSE* and NetBackup 6.5.1
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Reg.Giacomini AT co.hennepin.mn DOT us
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:47:16 -0500
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:18 PM, <Reg.Giacomini AT co.hennepin.mn DOT us> wrote:

What is the NetBackup client process name that runs on the SUSE8 server.  My Linux guy is out of town and the servers stopped backing up yesterday
with a 58.  I can ping and nslookup the server, but I can't access the server through host properties using the NBU Admin Console.  Is it possible that the process is down?

On Linux and Unix systems, the process is typically launched from inetd/xinetd.   It will kick off bpbkar. Can you telnet to the port from the master or media server?  Sign on to the box and do a 'telnet localhost bpcd'.  You should see the connection in /var/log/messages as well.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org