Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Device configuration issue

2008-08-20 10:38:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Device configuration issue
From: "Forester, Jack L" <jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:23:49 -0400
Greetings,

We're having some problems with device configuration on our media
servers.  We normally run "tpautoconf -a -v" with great success, but now
it seems to think that another device configuration is already in
progress.  We get the message "Another device configuration is already
in progress.".  Additionally, when we try to configure the devices
manually using tpconfig, there is no confirmation message indicating the
device was successfully added.  There is also no error message
indicating failure.  It just silently ignores it.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  We had this problem a couple weeks
ago, and restarting NetBackup on the master server cured it, however,
I'd like to know more about the problem.

Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf
Lockheed Martin Information Technology
(304) 625-3946