Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2008 Client

2008-08-19 20:20:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2008 Client
From: "Brendan Clover" <Brendan.Clover AT unisa.edu DOT au>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:38:28 +0930
We have done a lot of testing on Windows 2008 and found that yes even a
5.1 MP6 client will backup the server but will not restore anything.

You need the 6.5.2 client on the Windows 2008 server however your
media/master servers can run on a downrev version, we only run 6.5.1 on
our media and master servers as well as the 6.5.1 client on our
2003/linux/solaris servers.

Personally I would be leaving 2008 on the shelf at the moment it needs a
service pack or two!!!!

Regards,

Brendan Clover
Information Technologist
Systems Infrastructure
University of South Australia
Phone: +61 8 830 23641
Fax: +61 8 830 25800

Log your own service calls here: http://www.unisa.edu.au/helpdesk
AskIT documentation and FAQs: http://www.unisa.edu.au/askit

-------
intended recipient is unauthorised. If you received this e-mail in
error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately

Message: 7