Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2008 Client

2008-08-19 15:02:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2008 Client
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:45:23 -0500
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Martin, Jonathan <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com> wrote:
From what little testing I did here backups work but not restores.

That doesn't sound very useful :-)

It sounds to me like even if you did testing and it appeared to work, do you really, really want your production servers to have an unsupported backup configuration?

It also sounds like if you only want to back on non-OS files, you'll be okay.  You just need to have another plan if you wipe out the system disk.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org