Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup 6.5.2 Performance issue.

2008-08-17 17:47:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup 6.5.2 Performance issue.
From: harpreet_singh <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:34:17 -0400
Dear All,

I am now on this site. Please guide me for the Netbackup 6.5.2 fine tuning.

I have a single Master/Media Server with 4gb MEM and 3 LTO-2 Tape Drives. The
Tape Library and EMC Storage are directly connected to SAN Switch and all the
clients are connected via Giga Bit Backup Lan.

Recently I have upgraded my netbackup software from ver 6.0 MP4 to 6.5.2. After
that the backup performace is degrading.

KB Written = 345367762
Files written = 1926955
KB per seconds = 11061
Attempted elapsed 08:42:39

The same backup was completing in ver 6.0 in 6hrs to 6.30 hrs.

One thing I have noticed If I do a local backup with single mount point I am
getting throughput from 60-68 mb/s  :P . Once the same backup done with other
local mount points the out put is as above [Crying or Very sad] .

Please advise if I have tune or change the parameters. Same thing is happening
with the Clients backup too.

With Regards.
Harpreet Singh