Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How To Change Default BLOCKSIZE on Windows 2003 SP2 ?

2008-08-14 22:23:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How To Change Default BLOCKSIZE on Windows 2003 SP2 ?
From: "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:59:53 +0800
    0n Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:23:43AM -0400, Boris Kraizman wrote:

    >Here is the tech note how to do it
    >http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/244652.htm

Yes thats how we tweak the 'application' (netbackup), but if you're OS is
limited
to a certain BLOCKSIZE (e.g. windows pre 2003-sp2 (64KB)) it make SFA
difference. So, what I am saying is that from the Operating System's perspective
where does one 'tweak' the default IO block size for IO operations ?

I found this in DataProtector Admin Guide:

"Changing Block Size on Windows Media Agent"

[http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00663793/c00663793.pdf]

 Page 781

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.