Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What platform for a master server?

2008-08-14 13:43:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What platform for a master server?
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:21:35 -0400
It looks like when the next version of NetBackup comes along I'll be
needing to retire my Tru64 master server.

We have HP-UX and Linux in our operation. What might be the pro's and
con's of one over the other for a master server in a modest-sized
NetBackup installation?

I have a mixed environment of Unix, Linux, and Windows media servers and
clients, around 14 media servers and 80 clients, feeding two 4-drive LTO4
libraries and one 4-drive SDLT320 library. All the media servers and
libraries are SAN-connected. Total amount of data backed up is around 5tb.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

"I don't think so," said Rene Descartes. Just then, he vanished.