Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ZFS Filesystem Backups - Tips and tricks

2008-08-08 15:18:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ZFS Filesystem Backups - Tips and tricks
From: Karl Rossing <karlr AT barobinson DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:59:44 -0500
Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Mark Glazerman
> <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com <mailto:Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT
> com>> wrote:
>
> Some the Quality Engineering folks and product managers are reading
> the list too...  We're not complaining about the engineering on this -
> although we would have liked for the bug not to have happened in the
> first place, all we're asking for is that if a data loss bug is
> acknowledged, customers get notified as quickly as possible.

Symantec, help us understand.

Right now, Symantec gives me the impression that "We QA our products and
QA is expensive" but nothing more.

How are these patches QA'ed exactly? How big is the staff, how big is
the LAB, is there automated testing? It would be nice to know why their
QA process missed it and how they are going  to rectify the process
going forward.

I'd expect their QA to be rather large and something that they can be
very proud of (via blog posts, youtube videos, webcasts and even Vision
Sessions)

Karl

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication (including all attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of the named addressee(s) only and
may contain information that is private, confidential, privileged, and
exempt from disclosure under law.  All rights to privilege are expressly
claimed and reserved and are not waived.  Any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying or disclosure of this message and any attachments, in
whole or in part, by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately, delete this communication from all data storage
devices and destroy all hard copies.