Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Halleluiah, I have a bug!

2008-08-07 16:33:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Halleluiah, I have a bug!
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:14:59 -0600
Sev 2 ticket opened the morning of July 28.  I opened it with the
E-track & technote number that describes my problem perfectly.

It's very clearly the bug in 6.5.2 described in this technote:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305656.htm (backups with 24x7
windows dying at midnight with 196 errors)

Logs sent, logs requested, logs sent, logs requested.  Back and forth
and forth and back.  At one point, my tech just disappeared for 5 days.

I just got a call from level 2 tech support.

What do you know?  I have a bug. They have a binary.

*sigh*

At least we're all in agreement now.