Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to upgrade hardware on Windows Media server?

2008-08-07 06:39:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to upgrade hardware on Windows Media server?
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 06:21:54 -0400
Jason,

Given your present setup have you just considered shutting down the
services on the media server you are going to replace, using your backup
system to make a backup, then restoring to the new hardware? As
heretical as it may sound to the NIX community windows has a really good
plug and play routine that should handle your new hardware.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.