Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Stroage Options (SSO) with Vitual Tape Library(VTL)

2008-08-07 03:16:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Stroage Options (SSO) with Vitual Tape Library(VTL)
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 03:01:54 -0400
Not only does it make more sense, it's technically the only way you're properly
licensed.  The official Symantec line is that you must buy a VTL license if
you're using a VTL.  Tape drive licenses are for tape drives.  (This is the
official answer.)

Good news is that they're supposed to be changing the cost of the capacity
based pricing stuff real soon now.  I don't think I'd buy one until they do
that.

Curtis Preston  |  VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies, Inc.

T: +1 760 710 2004 |  C: +1 760 419 5838 |  F: F: +1 760 710 2009
cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com |  www.glasshouse.com
Infrastructure :: Optimized