Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to upgrade hardware on Windows Media server?

2008-08-06 16:00:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to upgrade hardware on Windows Media server?
From: zapman449 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:39:20 -0400
We've got a backup to disk infrastructure, and we're planning on upgrading the
hardware of one of the media servers.

Is there a procedure documented somewhere on how to do this?  Ideally we'd
build up the new box, take the old one off line, put the new one in place,
connect up it's SAN mounts, and move on as if nothing happened... but I'm
concerned about what metadata might be stashed in random places (registry,
windows directory, etc).

Any ideas?

--Jason