Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Stroage Options (SSO) with Vitual Tape Library (VTL)

2008-08-06 12:33:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Stroage Options (SSO) with Vitual Tape Library (VTL)
From: "Travis Kelley" <rhatguy AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:20:05 -0400
I'd have to ask why you would want to use SSO on a VTL?  Unless there
is an arbitrary licensing issue you should be able to create as many
drives as you need and assign the appropriate number of drives to each
media server.  It should work...but at least in our situation it would
be more expensive to purchase the SSO license for each drive than to
just create more drives.