Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ZFS backup problems

2008-08-04 21:51:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ZFS backup problems
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: "JAJA \(Jamie Jamison\)" <jamisonj AT zgi DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:39:26 -0500

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that traditionally NBU uses the mnttab to check for “mounted” filesystems.  We tried tricking the vfstab to see the filesystems but didn’t have any luck.  All of our filesystems are mounted via the built in ZFS process (whatever that is called) and as we found out, this was not enough for NBU to see them and back them up.  However, from replies to my earlier posts, it sounds like if you are running a version of NBU older than 6.5 you might still be ok with using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

Mark Glazerman

Desk: 314-889-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to