Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.x / 5.x Catalog Recovery

2008-08-01 08:56:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.x / 5.x Catalog Recovery
From: "Fluharty, John" <jfluharty AT AdexisStorage DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:41:19 -0400
I am in the middle of upgrading from 5.1MP4 to 6.5MP1.  They have a master and 10 media servers, all HP-UX.  Each media server has an Oracle db, so we are forced to do one at a time and in the off hours.  This upgrade process will take several weeks because of their change control process.
The question is this.  During the time we are in a "hybrid state", 6.5 master with some media servers 5.1 and some 6.5, what is the DR procedure for recovering all of the media databases using a hot catalog backup?  Does the hot catalog backup grab the 5.1 media databases, or does it need to?  What is the recovery procedure for these media databases?  What exactly does the "nbpushdata -modify_5x_hosts" command accomplish?  The Hot Catalog recovery wizard walks through the catalog and EMM recovery but does not run the 5.x recovery.  I am having trouble finding this procedure.

Thanks for any help.
John

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error; please notify Cranel Incorporated immediately by telephone at 614-431-8000 or 800-288-3475 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.