Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Informix Backup failing with Error 13

2008-07-31 10:50:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Informix Backup failing with Error 13
From: "Neeraj Puri (DHL MY)" <neeraj.puri AT dhl DOT com>
To: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:12:31 +0800

Dear Gabriel,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The funny thing is that the other media server through which it is going fine is also installed today and doesn’t have any CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT. The values are all default.

Another funny thing is that the media server through which the Informix backup is going fine is giving the same error 13 for its own Informix backup. This server’s Informix backup is going fine through first media server’s storage-unit.

So, basically I installed 3 NBU6.5.1 media servers. All of them are not able to take their own Informix backups but are able to take each other’s backup.

All these media servers have default CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT and CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT.

I think I will follow your advise and try to change the CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT and try a backup.

Previously, all these had NBU 4.5 media server software installed and had increased TIMEOUT values.

Secondly, thanks for your observation about barcodes. Actually the bar code is 8 characters but media ID is generated using last 6 characters. I don’t have a MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS setting in vm.conf. I will read the technote to understand its benefits.

Regards,

Neeraj