Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do you report on utilization?

2008-07-30 23:43:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do you report on utilization?
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:26:40 -0400

bjgreenberg wrote:
> For all of you doing heavy reporting on NBU, I've discovered an inconsistency
> about how NBU reports job information between bpdbjobs and bpimagelist.

They should be different.  bpdbjobs shows how much data was backed up based on
how it looks from a file system standpoint.  bpimagelist shows how that data
looks on what ever media you store it on.  Block sizes will be different, so it
will look different.

Also keep in mind that Industrial standards for filesystem data is in 1024 byte
chunks, but tape is done in 1000 byte chunks.