Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recover Data from a Netbackup 5.1 image.

2008-07-30 11:57:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recover Data from a Netbackup 5.1 image.
From: "Michitsch, John" <JMICHITS AT gannett DOT com>
To: veritas-BU <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:24:34 -0400

Does anyone know of a way to get data out of an image file created by Netbackup 5.1?  We were copying the disk images and sending them offsite.  After they are expired from the catalog, there is no way to import the image.  We also do not have a copy of the catalog from the same time as the image file.  Has anyone successfully restored from a Netacbkup 5.1 image file that was expired from the catalog and didn’t have an old copy of the catalog?  We already called Symantec and they sent us the doc stating there is no way to do it.  I was just wondering if anyone here has made this happen.

Thanks.