Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] upgrade licenses

2008-07-30 07:49:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] upgrade licenses
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 06:33:29 -0500
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net> wrote:
We are doing an upgrade from 5.0 to 6.0mp4 and i'm just wondering if i
need any licenses or if the ones we have for 5 will work fine.

The licenses you have will work, BUT you will not have features that are enabled by 6.x such as BMR or client-based security.  Ideally, you'd get updated license keys.

So says the guy who still has some 3.4 keys...

We dont have support licenses see as they have expired some time ago and
not been renewed.

If you don't have support, are you sure you're entitled to install the latest release?  IANAL, but most licenses don't give you the right to updates unless you're paying for support.

   .../Ed