Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem performing an incremental backup using Netbackup server 6.0

2008-07-26 03:45:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem performing an incremental backup using Netbackup server 6.0
From: "Santhosh Mogili" <santhosh.mogili AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:01:58 +0530
Hi,

Full and incremental jobs are supposed to reset the archive bit on files after they are backed up. With netbackup 6.0 for Samba Shares backup, once the backup is performed netbackup does not reset the archive bit. This is impacting my daily differential incrementals because all the data gets backed up as if it were new files created. How can i resolve this issue? Do i need a patch? Or is it some configuration issue?

I have set the default properties on the netbackup server of resetting archive bit in 300 sec's if not cleared. Also i have set incrementals to happen based on archive bit.
The server is running veritas netbackup server version 6.0 on Windows 2003 server and the Samba share is from a Redhat Linux machine.

Thanks,
--SM