Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Drive Problem on SSO SAN Media Server

2008-07-24 07:23:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Shared Drive Problem on SSO SAN Media Server
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:07:20 +0100

problem resolved myself.
thanks and apologies.

From:   WEAVER, Simon (external)
Sent:   Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:17 AM
To:     'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'
Subject:        Shared Drive Problem on SSO SAN Media Server

Hi all, hoping someone can help as I appear to have a problme with a 2-node cluster, Win2k3, NBU 5.1+MP5, SSO , SAN Media Server

For some reason, the inactive node reports that the Device Manager is down when you go to up a shared drive.

I stopped the NBU Services on the node, and noticed 2 processes hanging around, orpd and ltid.

Rebooted the inactive node, and the processes were gone. Restarted the Services in a hope to bring things back clean, but from the Master Server, the drives are still shown in a mixed state. When attempting to UP or RESET or DOWN a drive, it still reports "Device Manager Down".

the Node can see the drives and library via Device Manager. What bothers me is why ltid does not die. This is the process for Device Manager. When attempting to restart the service, it comes back with an error code 0x1 indicating the service has already started.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Simon

privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it
for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this
message and any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all
liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or
falsified.