Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Off-site Master

2008-07-21 16:02:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Off-site Master
From: "Taylor, David (MARSYS)" <david.k.taylor AT ngc DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:17:51 -0700

we keep our tapes offsite and have then delivered to sungard.
sungard will have a server with solaris 10 installed with a sans and
library attached.
when i show up i load netbackup. import the catalog, clean up the
hardware configuration, run the wizard to add in the drives and robot.
open the door of the library and load the tapes, update the media and
your ready to restore!

also, you had better look into the catalog issues with 6.0 mp5 if you
are compressing your catalog.

dave..