Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Compression of catalog images

2008-07-16 04:35:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Compression of catalog images
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:53:21 +0530

Justin,

  What is the impact of doing the restore, does it take more time.if yes, then hw much,

We have around 1000 clients in our environment, with no free window.

As per the document , compression run after the each backup session, as we dont have any free window, if we configure the compression at what time compression will run.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Abhishek Dhingra

IBM Global Services, Delhi,
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com
Mobile : +91-9818675370

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>

16/07/08 01:31 PM

Abhishek Dhingra1/India/IBM@IBMIN
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Compression of catalog images

It's broken with 6.0MP5 (catalog compression) upgrade to 6.0MP6 or later
before doing that! It works pretty well, compressed a ~100-120GiB catalog
to ~25-35GiB for us.

Justin.