Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Hot Catalog backup issue

2008-07-15 11:19:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Hot Catalog backup issue
From: chikhing <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 04:48:42 -0400
When I start the catalog backup, it creates 4 jobs.

1. A 'DBM Query' to verify the image.
2. The second job seems to be staging and validating inside
/usr/openv/netbackup/staging
3. The third job seems to simply be gaining the resources to one of
the tape drives
4.  mounts, positions and writes to tape.

Job 2- 4 are all completed successfully, however Job 1 is still left running
(running man icon). I left it for a few days and it is still running until I
manually kill the job. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks
Chikhing