Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Preventing Last week from taking priority in calendar scheduling

2008-07-14 12:38:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Preventing Last week from taking priority in calendar scheduling
From: "Navarro, Eddy" <enavarro AT jcvi DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:04:00 -0400

Hi All,

I'm currently setting up a policy using Calendar scheduling in NBU 6.5.1, and I would like a particular job to run on every Friday of the month EXCEPT the 4th Friday. So I check off all the Fridays in the Calendar Schedule tab except for the 4th week. However, when I select "Last", it overrides my deselection of the 4th Friday for those months that only have 4 Fridays. But if I deselect both 4th and Last, then for those months that have a 5th Friday (e.g. August 2008) then that 5th Friday is missed.

What I would like to happen is when I select all Fridays except for the 4th week, that the scheduling should be smart enough to understand I want that as an exception even when I have Last selected, and not select the 4th Friday in those months where there are only 4 (e.g. July 2008). Is this possible without having to setup exclude dates? I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of manually setting those up.

Thanks,

Eddy