Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 using VCB and Mapped FullVM (Option 2)

2008-07-13 00:03:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 using VCB and Mapped FullVM (Option 2)
From: segurajj <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 23:01:00 -0400
I have created a policy to perform Full backups of VMs using Option 2.  This
enables me to either restore the full VM or single files.  My problem is that
when the policy kicks off, even though it kicks two jobs at a time (we control
access to the library), it appears the vcbmounter is only running one job at a
time.  This is not the case for my incremental backups that I run using Option
0 (allows restore of single files).  Does anyone know why the NetBackup Admin
console shows two jobs running, but when you look at the VCB only one the VMs
is being backed up at a time?  This is slowing down my backups since each jobs
has to wait for the first one to complete.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Juan