Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Directing Backups to dedicated drives

2008-07-08 12:57:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Directing Backups to dedicated drives
From: "Wongutan Google" <wongutan AT gmail DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:37:01 +0700
Hi,

1. I suggest you, that let master server handle robotic arm ( Robot Control
Host ), NetBackup 6.5 need more resource than lower version.
2. Only NetBackup software will be install in Master server, so all resource
will only for NetBackup software in Master Server.
3. You can use SSO to device drives for media server.
4. To define how many drives will be use for each media server, it's
according to how big data in media server and how big loads through that
media server from clients.
5. To determine how many drives for each media server, first you have to
know how many clients will be backed up through that media server, and are
there any other applications such as Oracle or SAP
   in that media server ?, see from media server resource side.

rgds,

Wong Utan